Tag: Lewy Body Dementia
Lewy body dementia is not a rare disease. It is the second most common type of progressive dementia after Alzheimer's disease. Lewy body dementia is caused by structures called Lewy bodies that develop in the regions of the brain involved in thinking and movement. Lewy body dementia is characterized by a progressive decline in mental abilities, visual hallucinations, altered attention, drowsiness and/or periods of staring into space. Lewy body disease is also called Parkinson's disease dementia because it results in rigid muscles and slowed movement.
May 2, 2013 | New research shows one of olive oil’s polyphenol compounds can help stave off Alzheimer’s, cancer, and arthritis. But not all olive oil contains this compound. Find out which kinds provide the highest level of olive oil health benefits. Read More »
April 12, 2013 | As a supplement for memory, two new studies show citicoline can improve cognitive function, memory, ability to function, and mood. But, what is citicoline and how does this supplement for memory work? Read More »
Posted in Cognitive Decline and Memory Issues.
- Preventing Dementia in Old Age – Major 25 Year- Long Study Shows How
- B Vitamins for Memory and Mild Cognitive Impairment… Science Proves They Are Essential
- How to Improve Memory? Feed Your Brain with Acetylcholine!
- Environmental Toxins Can Increase the Risk of Memory Loss, Mild Cognitive Impairment, and Alzheimer’s
- Mild Cognitive Impairment and Alzheimer’s – Top Prevention Strategies
- Doughnuts and Dementia: Symptoms of Brain Damage Caused By Eating Trans Fats
- How to Improve Memory: Good Gut Flora Could Prevent Alzheimer’s
- Does Acupuncture Work with Alzheimer’s Symptoms?
- Estrogen’s Role in Dementia Symptoms and Alzheimer’s
- Veterans and Football Players at Double Risk for Dementia Symptoms
- Could Eating Gluten Cause Dementia Symptoms and Alzheimer’s?
- Ketogenic Diet Shows Promising Results for All Dementia Stages
- What is Lewy Body Dementia?
- Is it Mild Cognitive Impairment or Alzheimer’s? New Criteria Change the Rules
- How to Improve Memory? Shed the Belly Fat
- Advanced Alzheimer’s Stages – When Caregivers Need Care Too
- Alzheimer’s Striking Younger People but Action Now Reverses Trend of Dementia Symptoms
- Alzheimer’s Stages – Know the Warning Signs of This Dreaded Disease
- How to Improve Memory and Dementia Symptoms with Exercise
- Prevent Memory Loss with This Simple Strategy
- Dietary Fats Help Lower Risk of Dementia and Alzheimer’s
- Type 3 Diabetes? Insulin Resistance Linked with Alzheimer’s
- Alzheimer’s Prevention – Recognize Early Warning Signs and Act Now